Kim Jong Un’s people might be starving, oppressed and subject to imprisonment in labor camps, but his rep Kim Jong Chol showed President Trump at the White House that their huge envelope industry is alive and well, and they’re not afraid to use it:
A few years ago I might have been more surprised by stuff like this, but in the age of Obama nothing is surprising:
For more than two years, the Navy’s intelligence chief has been stuck with a major handicap: He’s not allowed to know any secrets.
Vice Adm. Ted “Twig” Branch has been barred from reading, seeing or hearing classified information since November 2013, when the Navy learned from the Justice Department that his name had surfaced in a giant corruption investigation involving a foreign defense contractor and scores of Navy personnel.
Worried that Branch was on the verge of being indicted, Navy leaders suspended his access to classified materials. They did the same to one of his deputies, Rear Adm. Bruce F. Loveless, the Navy’s director of intelligence operations.
More than 800 days later, neither Branch nor Loveless has been charged. But neither has been cleared, either. Their access to classified information remains blocked.
The current U.S. Director of Naval Intelligence has less access to secrets than an ensign. If he wants to see classified material he’ll have to ask Hillary if he can borrow her email server.
The government of Iran probably heard that this administration was full of “dam fools” on national security and decided to put it to the test:
Iranian hackers breached a dam outside of New York in 2013, according to a former official, managing to get control of the flood gates.
The previously undisclosed cyberattack was first reported by The Wall Street Journal on Monday.
According to a former official familiar with the 2013 investigation into the attack, the hack of Bowman Avenue Dam near Rye Brook, New York, was not a sophisticated intrusion, but a test by Iranian hackers to see what they could access.
The breach occurred during the same time frame that Iranian hackers were targeting U.S. financial institutions.
The attackers were unable to get into the full dam system, but could take control of the flood gates. The incident remains classified, the official said.
These are the people Obama and Kerry are still patting themselves on the backs for providing them a fast track to nukes.
Is the DHS is taking the “it takes one to know one” approach when it comes to hiring employees to spot potential terrorists?
At least 72 employees at the Department of Homeland Security are listed on the U.S. terrorist watch list, according to a Democratic lawmaker.
Rep. Stephen Lynch (D., Mass.) disclosed that a congressional investigation recently found that at least 72 people working at DHS also “were on the terrorist watch list.”
“Back in August, we did an investigation—the inspector general did—of the Department of Homeland Security, and they had 72 individuals that were on the terrorist watch list that were actually working at the Department of Homeland Security,” Lynch told Boston Public Radio.
“The [former DHS] director had to resign because of that,” he said.
Anybody done a tally of how many people working at the State Dept. or White House are on the watch list (or should be)?
The only way to make the Obama administration take fast action would be to tell them how many DHS employees are members of the NRA.
Those 72 apparently are working in agencies under DHS purview but not the DHS directly, such as the TSA — which kind of makes it even more concerning.
Islamic terrorists have killed hundreds in recent weeks and their spread has sparked worldwide travel warnings. With that in mind, here’s a direct quote from the President of the United States about the announcement that a conference on climate change in Paris will not be postponed: “What a powerful rebuke to the terrorists it will be.”
Obama actually said that:
Yep, terrorists are shuddering in fear at climate change alarmists’ refusal to cancel a conference where ISIS’ (and others) atrocities will be blamed on fossil fuel emissions.
I can only imagine what would have been said if Winston Churchill, after the first London Blitz, responded “the best rebuke to this is to not cancel the Art Fair, am I right!?”
Unless something changes quick we really are screwed beyond recovery.
In all seriousness, can the country endure 14 more months of this utter bullshit without being irreparably harmed (even though it probably already is)?
ISIL’s still not the varsity team, President Barack Obama said Sunday, but if Republicans running for president and in Congress continue to respond to attacks by playing off fears, they’re doing the terrorists’ work for them.
A Republican reaction that’s tried to block refugees from entering the country — and members of the media whom he blamed for lacking perspective in coverage over the past week — give in to fear as the terrorists want, help them recruit and let a group of people who’d have no hope of actually defeating American forces on the battlefield win anyway.
Upending American policy and talking about Christian-Muslim tests for entry that he said accept ISIL’s terms of a religious war will increase the threat of more attacks. “Prejudice and discrimination helps ISIL and undermines our national security,” Obama said.
Even as Obama credited the group, also known as the Islamic State, for the Paris attacks, and, for the first time publicly, for taking down a Russian passenger jet in Egypt, Obama repeatedly spoke about the limitations of the terrorist network that two years ago he referred to as the “JV team” — a remark that his critics still cite as evidence that he underestimates the threat.
“They’re a bunch of killers with good social media,” Obama told reporters Sunday. They are “dangerous,” he said, but, he added: “Our way of life is stronger. We have more to offer.”
Letting that happen, Obama said, or letting politicians get away with reactions like proposing a religious test for entry — as he several times condemned Republican presidential candidates for doing — is the essence of giving in.
“They can’t beat us on the battlefield, so they try to terrorize us into being afraid, into changing our patterns of behavior, into abandoning our allies and partners into retreating from the world,” Obama said. “As president I will not let that happen.”
Yeah, ISIS really appreciates Republicans’ help and shudders in fear of the president who won’t say “Islamic terrorism” and believes “climate change” is the world’s biggest security threat.
But on the plus side for the refugees, noted anti-capitalist Michael Moore’s invited them to stay at one of his homes (it’ll teach them that in the U.S. even leftists who loathe greed have multiple houses). Moore also called Michigan Governor Snyder “un-American,” which is a back-handed compliment coming from a guy who does nothing but bitch about how horrible America is.
Let those intent on harming Americans be put on notice: If you plan to harm or do harm a U.S. citizen, the Obama administration will swiftly and decisively contact video sharing websites:
Judicial Watch today released new State Department documents that raise more questions about the September 11, 2012, terrorist attack on the U.S. Special Mission at Benghazi, Libya. The documents show the White House contacted YouTube over an Internet video as one of its first moves after the initial attack.
The documents, from the agency’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security, were provided to Judicial Watch in response to a court order in a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on October 16, 2014, (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:14-cv-01733)). The lawsuit seeks “any and all logs, reports, or other records” the Washington-based Diplomatic Security Command Center produced between September 10, 2012, and September 13, 2012, relating to the terrorist attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya.”
The documents detail that only three hours after the initial attack on U.S. personnel in Benghazi, the White House contacted YouTube in an apparent effort to initially blame the assault on an obscure “Pastor John video,” rather than filmmaker Nakoula “Mark” Basseley Nakoula. The administration falsely claimed that Nakoula’s video, “Innocence of Muslims,” provoked the attack.
Apparently President Obama realizes there isn’t enough time left in his final term to be able to trade away the rest of the detainees at the U.S. detention center in Guantanamo Bay, but he’s determined to shut it down even if his administration has to put the prisoners in ourbackyards:
A team of Pentagon officials began scouting sites in Colorado on Tuesday as potential alternatives to hold prisoners from Guantanamo Bay as part of the long-stalled effort to close the controversial detention center on the U.S. base in Cuba.
The team planned to assess facilities at the Federal Correctional Complex in Florence and the state penitentiary in Canon City as alternatives for a “limited” number of detainees from Guantanamo, said Navy Cmdr. Gary Ross, a Pentagon spokesman.
They are looking at what changes would be needed to the facilities in Colorado to detain the prisoners and to hold proceedings for those facing trial by military commission, Ross said.
The Pentagon team also has also surveyed the Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and the Naval Consolidated Brig in Charleston, South Carolina.
Nowhere near the Beltway is under consideration? Hey, they’re not stupid. Obama, Biden and Kerry also aren’t insisting on either Chicago, Wilmington or Nantucket as possible locations? Real surprising. Maybe the detainees should be given jobs giving tours of the “He Ended the War in Afghanistan More Than Once” wing of Obama’s presidential library after it opens.