Instead of live-blogging the entire inauguration, I decided that, throughout the day, I’ll just post a photo that represents the mood of Chris Matthews, whose love affair with Barack Obama is well known. Chris is also a fair representation of the emotions the majority of the mainstream media will be experiencing today.
How far up Matthews’ leg is the “thrill” going today? We’ll know as the day goes on.
We’ll have seven pictures on the Chris Matthews Obamagasometer that will let us know what emotions the MSNBC host is experiencing throughout this historic day. Here are those pictures and what they mean:
1) Chris is feelin’ romantic, like he’s starring in Jackie Collins’ novel “Barack Back Mountin'”:
2) Chris is feelin’ exhillerated, like he just woke up in a hotel room next to a note from Obama that read, “Thanks, you were great. There’s fifty bucks on the dresser.” And his hair is a dead giveaway:
3) Chris is feelin’ reflective — remembering the moment he first submitted to Obama’s divinity:
4) Chris is as giddy as a schoolboy:
5) Chris is pretending to be a respected and unbiased journaist:
6) Chris is gloating — “You’re finished, Republicans! Mwa-ha haha!:
7) Chris is in in the throes of full Obamagasmic release:
The inauguration coverage begins…
10 a.m.: Two hours before Obama is sworn in. Mood: reflective:
11 a.m.: Giddy as a schoolboy:
11:30 a.m.: Featuring a new Obamagasometer reading: Chris is feelin’ obedient to his master while pretending to be a respected and unbiased journalist:
11:56 a.m.: Chris is feelin’ romantic:
12:10 p.m.: Obama is President! Chris is in the throes of full Obamagasmic release!
12:35 p.m.: Chris is feelin’ tired yet exhillerated:
1:05 p.m.: Chris is gloating — “You’re finished, Republicans! Mwa-ha haha!: